Mars Bars Squares – 9
See video online: https://chocolatetimerecipes.com/recipes/mars-bars-squares-9/
Serves 12 -16 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: No Baking- Microwave Recipe
- Print Recipe
A delicious treat that is so easy to make. This takes Rice Krispy Squares to a whole new level. This is a Wow version that is easier than Rice Krispy Squares and more sensational. If you are planning on taking this to a pot luck, make a batch for home because you will not get out the door without family clamoring for these tasty treats.
Equipment: 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking pan
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 Mars Bars
- ½ cup of butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Chop Mars Bars into 3 and put in microwaveable container with ½ cup butter.
- Microwave for 1 - 2 minute and stir. Mix ingredients so Rice Krispies is coated.
- Add 3 cups of Rice Krispies. Spray baking pan with cooking oil.
- Add Rice Krispies & Mars Bars mixture and press into pan.
- Topping: Put shortening and chocolate chips into microwave and microwave for 1 minute..
- Remove from Microwave and stir until smooth. Pour over prepared mixture in pan. Smooth over.
- Refrigerate and is ready to be served within the hour.
- Recommended to take out of refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.