German Chocolate Cream Pie – 22
See video online: https://chocolatetimerecipes.com/recipes/german-chocolate-cream-pie-22/
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 50-60 minutes baking time
- Print Recipe
This rich creamy chocolate pie bursting with pecans and coconut is a fabulous variation from the typical pies offered during the holiday season.
- Deep dish 9-inch pastry shell (unbaked)
- 3 ounces of chocolate baking squares (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces or ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup of flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave for 40 seconds or until melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir in milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add the egg, vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Mix well on low speed until mixed. Use spatula to make sure all ingredients blended.
- Add in coconut and pecans and mix for a few moments until combined.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 50-60 minutes at 325., Enjoy!
Have a great week everyone, with Warm Yummy Wishes
Gwen: Your CT Host