Chocolate Lava Cake – 23
See video online: https://chocolatetimerecipes.com/recipes/chocolate-lava-cake-23/
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 3 hours
- Print Recipe
This dessert is loved by everyone. Warm chocolate cake with a hot fudge sauce , that bakes right in the cake. Topped with ice cream and you have a winner every time.
Equipment: Slow Cooker, Electric Hand Mixer
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding (4 portion package)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes on low. Let stand for two minutes or until soft set. Spoon over cake batter.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 – 3 hours. *Note I cooked this recipe in 2 hours, but crockpots can vary in cooking times. Check after two hours and if cooked along edges or when you put toothpick in and moist crumbs are present it is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Exciting New Year’s Resolution Idea