Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread – 14
2 8x4 loaves each loaf serves approximately 8 - 10
Prep Time: 20 -25 minutes
Cook Time: 60 – 70 minutes
- Print Recipe
This is a perfect fall treat that is moist and so tasty. The fragrance of the pumpkin and chocolate baking in the oven will gather an eager group in your kitchen waiting for the delicious moment when it comes out of the oven. This is great for tea or coffee time or anytime.
Equipment: 2 8x4 loaf pans
- 1 ½ cups of oil (I use Becel Canola oil because it is light tasting and not overpowering)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pure pumpkin sometimes known as puree (make sure you do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips (you can use regular size if you do not have mini)
- In large mixing bowl add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Use a whisk to mix all ingredients. Add the chocolate chips to flour mixture and mix to coat chocolate chips with flour mixture.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkins. Beat at low speed just until mixed. Stir into dry ingredient just until moistened.
- Pour into two greased 8x4 loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home
Have a great week everyone.
With Warm Yummy Wishes
Gwen: Your CT Host