Chocolate Banana Cream Pie – 51
See video online: https://chocolatetimerecipes.com/recipes/chocolate-banana-cream-pie-51/
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: Refrigerate set time 4 hours
- Print Recipe
This is supposed to serve 8 but it was so delicious that three of us ate the whole pie. You know that type of dessert that everyone keeps going back into the fridge for more.
Equipment: Portable mixer
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust baked and cooled
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 ½ cups color milk
- 1 (4 portion package) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups frozen whipped topping thawed
- ¼ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Combine chocolate, 1 tablespoon milk, and butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Remove from microwave and stir until completely melted. Spread evenly in pie crust.
- Arrange banana slices over chocolate.
- Pour 1 ½ cups milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mix, and beat with mixer for two minutes on medium speed. Stir in 1 cup of coconut.
- Spoon over banana slices in crust.
- Spread whipped topping over pie. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Store in refrigerator.
- Directions to make toasted coconut.
- Spread ¼ cup coconut on a microwave safe plate. Microwave on high power in 1 minute interval tossing in between until beginning to turn golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
Have a great week, with Warm Yummy Wishes
Gwen: Your CT Host