Breakaways – 40
See video online: https://chocolatetimerecipes.com/recipes/breakaways-40/
Makes 28 Squares
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- Print Recipe
This delicious recipe has chocolate and pecans with a rich caramel layer that makes the combination irresistible.
Equipment: 15x10 inch cookie sheet, 4 cup microwaveable measuring cup
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Layer cookie sheet with graham crackers
- Next measure sugar and butter into a 4-cup microwaveable bowl (I used 4 cup measuring cup)
- Microwave for 2 minutes then remove from microwave and stir
- Place in microwave for another minute and 30 seconds
- Remove from microwave and stir for a few seconds until caramel colour
- Pour over crackers. Smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips then nuts.
- Put in oven and bake for 6 minutes at 350°
- Cool completely before breaking into squares.
- *Note: These are not meant to be cut into neat squares, they are broken into pieces. Part of the charm of these irresistible little gems.
Have a great week, with Warm Yummy Wishes
Gwen: Your CT Host