Banana Chocolate Chip Poke Cake – 31
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes at 325°
- Print Recipe
This is a breakfast banana chocolate chip poke cake served warm with whipped cream made moist by the maple syrup/butter mixture poured over it, just before serving. When I serve this breakfast, it is devoured.
Equipment: 9 x 9 Pan
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder (yes it does call for a tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 medium overripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325° / Spray 9 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Add mashed bananas to milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup or small bowl. Mix to combine, then stir in wet ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Poke holes with fork throughout cake when it comes out of oven.
- Mix Maple Syrup and butter together. Pour over cake. Serve with whipped cream. Enjoy.
Have a great week, with Warm Yummy Wishes
Gwen: Your CT Host
Recipe adapted from: Crazy for Crust